Contributed content consists of unique and original articles submitted by our advertising attorneys and approved by our editors. The only restrictions we put on our contributing lawyers is that the articles must be well written and original.
The benefits of submitting contributed content to Nolo include:
- Exposure for your business. All contributed content is linked to the profile page of the lawyer who submits it. We also place a link to the lawyer’s own web site at the bottom of the article.
- Gain creditability. Nolo is a trusted name in legal information. Having an article published on a Nolo branded site – and article that was approved by our editors, no less – automatically puts you in some great company.
It’s taken us forty years to build our reputation – we’re offering you the chance to jump on board right away!
We don’t take just anything, though. Our aforementioned reputation means we have to hold ourselves and everything on our sites to a high standard.
Here are some guidelines to help you get started correctly:
- Unique articles not found anywhere else on the web: We are looking for articles that have never been published anywhere else, including anything you’ve published on your own web site or blog.
- Written in plain English. Our goal at Nolo is to produce accurate legal information that is easy for anyone to understand.
- Articles submitted should be on specific topics. An article on drunk driving would invariably be too general. Try to address the specifics of DUI laws by state or focus on different parts of the DUI legal process.
- We do not accept self-promotional material asking the consumers to contact the writer’s firm for assistance. Your information will be included by Nolo, so there is no need to take up space in the article for your phone number or website. Search engines also don’t respond kindly to content like this.
- Please be mindful of content that is considered to be seasonal or time sensitive. If the issue you choose to write about will only be of concern for the next three months it will not fit well on the site. We are looking for articles that will still relevant years from now.
After contributed content has been submitted, it goes through several levels of editing. We receive a high volume of contributed content, and our editing process takes time, so please be patient. Any time an article needs revisions by the author, a re-write will be requested, along with a reason for the request. If your article is not approved the first time, we strongly encourage you to re-submit once the suggested edits have been completed.
Here are some examples of well written contributed content. We urge you to read them so that you have a better understanding of what Nolo contributed content should look and sound like.
Contributed content is an important part of what we do at Nolo. We look forward to getting your submissions!