When minors get in trouble with the law, their cases usually follow a path that’s very different from adult criminal court proceedings. Juvenile court can give young offenders unique opportunities for rehabilitation and a clean slate, but not every juvenile court case is child’s play.
Nolo’s new “Juvenile Justice” article series takes an in-depth look at the juvenile court system and the distinct issues that come up in many juvenile cases. Here’s what’s new:
- Juvenile Court: An Overview
- Juvenile Delinquency: What Happens in a Typical Juvenile Case?
- Constitutional Rights in Juvenile Proceedings
- Juvenile Law: Status Offenses
- Juvenile Court Sentencing Options
- Sealing Juvenile Court Records
- When Juveniles are Tried in Adult Criminal Court