Welcome to the latest addition to Nolo’s legal blogs: the Disability Blog. I’ll be blogging mostly about Social Security disability and SSI, with some information on veterans benefits, Medicare, Medicaid, and workers’ compensation thrown in from time to time. Send me your question about disability, and if it hasn’t already been answered on our site, I’ll answer it. Please don’t send questions that you don’t want published, and know that we can’t guarantee an answer to all questions. Ask a question.
About Beth Laurence
This blog is written by Beth Laurence, a long-time Nolo editor and author. Beth is editor of Nolo's Guide to Social Security Disability and Social Security, Medicare & Goverment Pensions and the popular website Disability Secrets. Beth holds a law degree from University of California, Hastings College of the Law, a B.A. degree from Boston University (Phi Beta Kappa, magna cum laude), and is a member of the California State Bar. Her first experience with Social Security disability was at General Assistance Advocacy Project, helping clients apply for SSI in San Francisco's Tenderloin district.Send Beth a question about disability, and if it hasn’t already been answered on our site, she may answer it. Please don’t send questions that you don’t want published, and know that we can’t guarantee an answer to all questions. Ask a question.
- Did my state labor department stop my unemployment checks because I filed for disability?
- My medical condition has gotten worse. Can my monthly disability benefit be increased?
- Does someone on Social Security disability get free Medicare?
- New Social Security Figures Released for 2014
- Can I get long-term disability insurance benefits if my employer fired me and ended my policy?