At the 2012 NAREE conference in Denver last week, this blog received the “best of 2011″ award. The judges said, “The writer explained how the latest real estate news affected readers and how they could react to it. She offered legal tips, common sense advice, and observations on the real estate market in language that readers could understand. Her high-level expertise and light-hearted spirit showed through.”
“The author” (that being me) looks forward to bringing you more such offerings in the future. In the meantime, it was a treat to spend time with many accomplished journalists, reporters, and other real estate industry experts at the conference. A full list of the award winners’ can be found in this NAREE press release.
And, if you’re looking for some great reads, here some of my favorites from among the winners:
- ”The King of All Las Vegas Real Estate Scams,” by Felix Gillette, Bloomberg Businessweek (“Best Overall Entry by an Individual”)
- “Scientology’s Hollywood Real Estate Empire,” by Daniel Miller, The Hollywood Reporter (” Best Entry by a Young Journalist”)
- “Homes With Something to Hide,” by Leah Culler, Freelance, MSN Real Estate (” Best Residential Real Estate or Mortgage/Finance Report or Feature”)
- “Inside the Box: Recycled shipping containers add up to new vitality for Providence’s industrial fringe,” by William Morgan, Design New England (” Best Home & Design Feature”)
- “The Real Deal; New York City Real Estate News” (“Best Web Site Solely Devoted to Residential or Commercial Real Estate and/or Home Design”).