Recently the Judicial Conference made automatic adjustments to the dollar amounts that are included in various provisions of the Bankruptcy Code. Those adjustments went into effect on April 1, 2103. (See the blog post Bankruptcy Code Dollar Amounts Change.) Because of the adjustments, a number or the Official Bankruptcy Forms also changed.
Revised Bankruptcy Forms
The forms that have been revised include:
- Voluntary Petition
- Schedule C — Property Claimed as Exempt
- Schedule E — Creditors Holding Unsecured Priority Claims
- Statement of Financial Affairs
- Proof of Claim
- Statement of Currently Monthly Income and Means Test Calculator (the Chapter 7 Means Test)
- Statement of Current Monthly Income and Calculation of Commitment Period and Disposable Income (the Means Test for Chapter 13)
There are a few others that changed as well. You can find all of the revised forms on the website of the United States Courts at www.uscourts.gov/FormsAndFees/Forms/BankruptcyForms.aspx.
To learn about each of the above-mentioned forms, visit out Completing the Bankruptcy Forms topic area.